(Senior) Frontend Engineer (d/m/f)
The eCG Motors Vertical (MoVe) is seeking to scale our motors business to international markets, starting from Canada (kijijiautos.ca) followed by other countries and operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden. As part of the team in Berlin-Friedrichshain, you will have the opportunity to work on ground breaking technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for our platform.
About the team:
The Consumer Search team is a diverse and passionate group composed of backend, frontend and native app engineers along with a product manager, designer and engineering manager. The user's search experience is the heart of the consumer product and this team is responsible for coordinating with several global teams to help users looking to buy vehicles on our platforms by building an incredible search experience!
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a (Senior) Frontend Engineer (d/f/m)
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute, build, iterate and manage our web application.
- Ensure that code is follows the latest design standards and good practices.
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests.
- Collaborate with back-end, Android, iOS and product team members to continuously improve the web app.
- Keep legacy in check while being pragmatic about solutions.
- Research and prototype new solutions to difficult problems.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Experience with Java and the Spring boot and/or Elastic Search is a plus.
- Passion for web development, beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity.
- Proven experience with building web platforms.
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs.
- Advanced knowledge of common web technologies. (HTTP, DNS, REST, OAuth)
- Experience with Automated testing.
- Experience with package managers like npm and build tool like Webpack.
- Good understanding of CI Tooling. (Jenkins)
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery, and continuous deployment.
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience for the users.
- Independent and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work:We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility:We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance:Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including, four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development:We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation:We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion:Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.