Senior Business Development Manager, REAL ESTATE (m/w/d)
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
About the team: We are continuously investing into the development and growth of our real estate category with currently approx. 100 million monthly visits on the consumer-side and an ever growing supply of private and professional listings. Since we started out with our own Real Estate proposition in 2016 we have seen very strong market share growth despite a highly competitive market environment.
As part of business development team, you will work collaboratively across sales, marketing, product development, analytics and customer support as well as other internal and external partners. You will be a member of a dynamic, impactful team that succeeds, fails and learns together to define the future of eBay Kleinanzeigen’s Real Estate category.
To help us build on our growth journey and to become the top tier horizontal marketplace for Real Estate in Germany we are looking for a
Senior Business Development Manager, REAL ESTATE (d/f/m)
- Be at the forefront of developing our future Real Estate proposition that will help professionals and privates alike to be more successful in an exciting market environment.
- Lead and scale a cross-functional team that includes all relevant fields from strategic marketing to analytics to evolve our proposition.
- Together with your cross-functional team you will build new value for our customers by identifying and evaluating market trends and translating these into concrete projects and next steps.
- You will provide guidance for iterating and delivering our strategy, external communication and product road map in close collaboration with the product- & tech-, sales- and go-to-market team.
- From strategy to execution: Be responsible for structuring and leading core commercial projects (e.g. pricing, market expansion), that will craft our Real Estate business. You will collaborate and align with team members to get agreement on priorities & adjust course if new information comes to light.
- You define, supervise and communicate performance vs. OKRs together with your team.
- You transform creative ideas into practical reality, e.g. looking at existing situations and problems to come up with solutions.
- You partner and communicate clearly with all members of the eBay Kleinanzeigen organization, incl. top management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar) in a business-related field or relevant professional experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar environment and ideally in project management
- Self-motivated and fast learner. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- An excellent teammate. Be willing to wear many hats and roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, agile technology environment. You believe in collaboration, empowering teams and agile ways of working. You know from experience that teams will only deliver phenomenal results if they enjoy what they do and have a safe environment.
- Prior working experience in the Real Estate sector or/and in leading cross-functional teams a major plus
- You are proficient in English – German language skills are a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Covid-19: People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces.