Senior Backend Software Engineer (d/f/m)
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. In Germany, we have two of our leading brands – mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen.
mobile.de is the most-visited vehicle market for buying and selling vehicles in Germany.
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most visited general classified's proposition in Germany.
The newly founded eCG Motors vertical operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain, and Dreilinden near Potsdam. As part of the team in Berlin Friedrichshain, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and site.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new, innovative product, and we are looking for you as a: Senior Backend Engineer (Kotlin)
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Coach, influence, and mentor junior engineers.
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery process
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead backend engineer and or system architect.
- Deep knowledge of Kotlin, Java, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-) relational databases (bonus: node.js, react).
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation, and operation of distributed services and APIs.
- Experience with search platforms (e.g. Elasticsearch)
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery, and continuous deployment.
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience for the users.
- Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
What we offer:
- A family-friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and integrity
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and phenomenal benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, developer-grade MacBook.
Looking to leave your footprint in motors e-commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, and share vehicles around the world? If you’re interested in joining an impact driven team that is dedicated to building an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join the eBay Classifieds Group Motors vertical.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here:https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion
You can submit your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: