Principal Marketing Lead - Transactional Businesses (d/f/m)
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
We are looking for a Principal Marketing Lead - Transactional Business (d/f/m) to join our team in Berlin.
You are representing the marketing team in our transactional business unit, where we bundle all of mobile.de’s new businesses around transactional services in the car buying and selling journey. You are acting as a “Junior CMO” for these businesses, helping them to deliver on their business goals by developing marketing plans & roadmaps and by staffing x-functional teams with the right marketing skills & expertise.
In this role, you report to the CMO and are part of the marketing leadership team.
Your key responsibilities
- You are the marketing representative in the X-functional leadership team of the “Transactional” business unit.
- You are driving the business unit marketing strategy & execution in close collaboration with the CMO, the functional team leads (brand, acquisition and retention) and the communication specialists in the marketing team.
- You will develop and shape how we do marketing at mobile.de.
- You will be responsible for delivering on the business unit and marketing objectives through coordination with the marketing functions: e.g. align targets, budgets, OKR planning & monitoring and staffing.
- You enable marketing execution with the x-functional squad teams and drive alignment with product, tech, sales, analytics and operations.
- You start and own x-functional business unit projects and initiatives where needed.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years professional experience
- Proven track record in different fields of marketing - either business or agency - e.g. CRM, online marketing, marketing project management or product marketing. Basic knowledge of brand positioning and overall brand strategy is required.
- Ability to communicate and convince effectively in x-functional teams in a matrix set up as well as passion for active partner management.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and ability not only to generate insights and recommendations, but also to convince with “to the point” communication.
- Ability to switch easily between big picture company, brand, business unit view and precision in execution to get things done.
- Outstanding teammate, strong personality, humour and emotional intelligence.
- Affinity for agile and dynamic work environments.
- Proficient English and German language skills.
- Experience with online businesses and working with product and tech teams is a huge advantage.
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.