Head of Product (f/m/d)
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to help millions of people find, buy, sell, connect and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) Motors team is flexible and fast like a start-up, yet we are part of the global eBay Family. Our team values the entrepreneurial spirit, the “can-do” attitude and their mutual respect for each other’s talent and contribution. eCG is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities.
The Motors team in eBay Classifieds operates worldwide from our offices in Amsterdam and Berlin. As part of the product team in either Berlin Friedrichshain or Dreilinden near Potsdam, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets.
We are looking for a Head of Product (f/m) to join our team!
If you are a believer in customer centric thinking and agile product development, if you feel responsible for your product and enjoy working in cross-functional teams and, most importantly, want to have great impact - get in touch with us!
As a Head of Product you will drive a team of product managers to create innovative global solutions value. You will lead a cross functional team spanning engineering, design, commercial and partnerships to design, develop, launch and scale solutions for our customers.
- Be the recognized global product leader on our customers, their needs and the strategic direction of the markets.
- Be an integral member of the team driving the global customer strategy and lead the resulting product strategy.
- Drive the development and execution of the product strategy and roadmap.
- Provide product and commercial leadership to support global and local market initiatives.
- Lead, energize and align stakeholders within a fast moving culture to deliver product and commercial objectives.
- Define & drive alignment on key priorities, milestones, success metrics and ensure transparency on progress.
- Identify and drive solutions to hard strategic, market and commercial questions with analytical data-driven approach.
- Plan and execute market, customer and technology research to drive insights resulting in product & commercial innovation.
- Lead experimentation and solution delivery to create both partner and business value.
- Proactively lead the strategy and management of a portfolio of products across the lifecycle.
- Ensure the right balance between pragmatism, quality and consumer & commercial value in product development.
- Passionate Product leader with at least 8 years of product experience.
- Excellent management skills and more than 4 years demonstrated experience managing, developing and mentoring teams.
- Strong strategic thinker, with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Able frame problems, drive teams to collect data, guide the analysis, and to present the date to influence executive leadership.
- Capable of marshalling resources across groups to get things done. operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, across multiple teams and balancing multiple priorities.
- Excellent communications skills. Able to adjust communication style across organizations and functions, from the junior engineer to executive management. Excellent written and spoken English requisite.
- Natural consensus-builder and collaborative decision-making style across partners, commercial, design & engineering teams.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with enterprise or B2B products or platforms.
- Self-motivated and results driven. You challenge the status quo with the ability to articulate a path to get there.
- Team player with excellent collaboration, communication and organization skills.
- Experienced working in a global matrix organization with remote teams and partners.
- Curious and passionate about learning and building great products to help us and our partners grow.
What we offer:
- Fast growth opportunity working on global products in a start-up like environment.
- Dynamic professional product & technology teams with deep experience across global products and start-ups.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High opportunity to make an impact. Plenty of autonomy and an agile environment
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme.
- Conference & education budget
- Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Diverse highly-skilled international team with a good sense of humour.
We are looking forward to your online application at https://jobs.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: