Head of Design & UX (d/f/m)
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including mobile.de and eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.
The eCG Motors Vertical (MoVe) is seeking to scale our motors business to international markets, starting from Canada (kijijiautos.ca) followed by other countries and operates from our offices in Amsterdam, Berlin-Friedrichshain and Dreilinden. As part of the team in Dreilinden, you will have the opportunity to work on ground breaking technology and impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for our platform.
About the team:
As part of the product development team in Berlin Friedrichshain, you will have the opportunity to have an impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a new, innovative product, and we are looking for you as a: Head of Design & UX (d/f/m) for Global Motors Vertical.
As Head of Design, you will enable your team to iteratively improve our user experience with solutions that address our customer needs, while meeting our business objectives. You will be the primary driver in ideation, prototyping, usability testing, implementation and evaluation. We combine human-centered design with data-driven decision-making to design, build, and test our way to transformative products. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning and more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of consumers and dealers.
We’re looking for a leader to evolve a multi-disciplinary Design function for the Motors product team across design strategy and user experience design.
We recognize that a strong design culture is critical to build world-class customer experiences that deliver on our mission to be the ultimate destination to buy and sell cars.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Act as an internal and international UX ambassador to drive our understanding of what UX is and how it impacts our users. You have the broader picture in mind and influence our strategy from a UX perspective.
- You drive the UX & design process from early discovery of a product to its end of life.
- Understand the brand and establish a clear relationship between product and marketing.
- You actively manage your team of (internal and external) UX Designers and UI Designers, ensuring alignment, teamwork and functional excellence across the team. You serve as a mentor and coach to your team, assist in their development and training, provide constructive feedback, and advise them to develop solutions that push the boundaries of creativity while fulfilling strategic requirements.
- Actively participate in user experience recruitment efforts, assisting with the identification and nurturing of top talent.
- You are responsible for the UX budget and lead and steer UX support from external agencies.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent education.
- Proven experience in designing consumer digital products.
- You have demonstrated ability in leading a multi-disciplinary UX team in an agile environment.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross browser environments.
- You either have excellent visual and interaction design skills or UX research skills.
- Experience co-leading product strategy and helping to drive innovation
- You have a proven track record of growing and fostering the culture of existing teams.
- You have a customer-centric approach and couple it with a strong understanding of our business goals.
- You have excellent communication skills in English
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.