Fullstack Engineer (d/f/m)
Founded in 1996, mobile.de disrupted the status quo of buying and selling cars with the first online vehicle marketplace, driven by the idea to create something new. As a driver of change for growth and innovation we became more than just a platform. We are an ecosystem of skilled and entrepreneurially minded people, a community to unite sellers and buyers. As the No 1 marketplace in Germany we closely cooperate with a powerful network of around 42,000 dealers and connect them with almost 17 million unique users per month.
About the team
For our team in Berlin, we are searching for a Full Stack Engineer (f/m/d) to join an interdisciplinary team within our area focussed on car dealers.
You will build products that enable dealers to build awareness about their current offers among people currently seeking to buy a vehicle. For this we develop opportunities to stand-out on the mobile.de marketplace, advertise in the web and hand over key insights into their vehicle specific market context.
Help us on our journey offering a user friendly interface to continue increasing the experience for our dealers!
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested, and scalable backend (Java based) and frontend (ReactJS) code
- Build and extend micro services for demand generating dealer products
- Collaborate closely with other teams within mobile.de and our technology partners
- Help to raise the overall skill and quality level of our mobile team through agile development principles
- Take initiative to continuously improve our code
- 2+ years proven experience as an engineer
- Sound knowledge of building modern web apps with technologies like React, Node.js, HTML5, CSS3 (SASS, CSS modules)
- Keen to build Microservices or distributed systems in a web technology environment using Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot, HTTP and REST
- Good understanding in SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Mongo)
- Proficient with messaging systems: e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka
- You know your way around ensuring quality by following common principles of automated testing in Backend code as well as in Frontend code by using JUnit, REST Assured, Jest, Cypress or similar testing frameworks
- Practised in further agile development skills like working in iterations, pair programming and writing clean code
- Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.