Android Developer - Advertising Team (d/f/m)
eBay Kleinanzeigen is the most-visited general classifieds site in Germany and growing at speed. Currently, we have more than 45 million live ads and 35 million unique visitors per month – with the majority on mobile devices. eBay Kleinanzeigen helps people find whatever they’re looking for and every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Customer centricity and passion for our products is what helps us to develop our platform. Our agile environment, weekly usability tests, prototyping and multi-functional teams make our product better every single day. If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to build an ambitious and diverse work environment, join eBay Kleinanzeigen.
About the team:
Our Advertising Team is looking for an Android Developer (f/m/d) who will work on our advertising SDK and will integrate various ads in our mobile app. You will be part of a great team that is responsible for driving one of the main revenue streams.
- Contribute, build, iterate and manage our global eBay Kleinanzeigen mobile advertising SDK.
- Ensure that code is follows the latest design standards and good practices.
- Push forward our testing strategy including unit and UI tests.
- Partner closely with front-end, back-end, iOS and product team members to continuously improve. Keep legacy in check while being pragmatic about solutions.
- Research and prototype new solutions to difficult problems. Provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
What we are looking for:
- You have a deep understanding of Android SDK, Kotlin, and Java
- Experience with writing, releasing, and managing open source software development kits (SDKs) is big plus.
- Experience in Advertising domain (having integrated ads in a mobile app or developed an advertising SDK) is a big plus.
- Experience in Analytics or GDPR is a plus.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience for the users. Independently and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance, including four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, plus an additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities as well as providing a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our teams are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.