Senior Product Manager
About the Product Area:
Stores is one of the fastest growing areas in eBay which in some ways, will define the future of eBay. eBay has always been a marketplace where sellers can not just grow their business but also grow their brand. eBay is reemphasizing this product strategy with the goal to become our seller's platform of choice.
About the Team:
Our Stores team works on elevating the seller presence in the entire eBay experience e2e and in helping our sellers build a community of buyers on ebay. We are looking to bring human commerce to eBay and become the platform that sellers choose to grow their business on.
About the Role:
As the Senior Product Manager for eBay storefront management seller experience team , you'll be responsible for defining, designing, and delivering the products that we build for our Sellers. You will have the chance to work on some of the most exciting problems in e-commerce.
You will work closely with our users, regional partners, product & engineering teams and other functions to help define & deliver products that will help us become the platform of choice for our existing Sellers and new ones.
- Become a specialist on seller needs and problems wrt stores on a marketplace like eBay through planned discovery and self learning
- Understand the strategic landscape and define the key strategic products and deliverables that will accelerate accomplishing our goals
- Own and execute a comprehensive roadmap to deliver high quality feature improvements and new products that provide value to our customers
- Deliver on the most effective set of product solutions and go-to-market strategy for eBay customers.
- Build and foster relationships with internal partners to ensure alignment.
- Work with partners to define, build and launch products and platform features
- Understand and synthesize data to make informed decisions and monitor change performance
- Drive a culture of quality, customer-centricity, scalability, and reliability
- Strategic. Understand and take action on our company strategies and initiatives.
- Inventive. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Aggregate information from various places and build links with our key partners to get the information you need
- Technical acumen. Understand and be comfortable with the product design lifecycle. Have a clear understanding of the technologies involved in your product development.
- Exceptional problem solving. Be solution oriented, focusing on how to resolve a problem, rather than what isn’t working
- A Self-Starter. Seek out new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring your energy and passion to the office every single day.
- At least 5 years of product management experience building consumer-facing products.
- Experience working closely with a design team and iterating based on user feedback. Ideally you have worked in e-commerce
- Experience collaborating with Engineering in product development, validating builds and driving releases to meet target dates.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in Agile teams
- Ability to think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results
- History of building positive relationships with engineering, business partners, and operational users.
- Comfort sorting through ambiguity in order to drive to practical business impact
- Work with the larger cross-functional team to define the product strategy and detailed roadmap
- Proficiency in basic data analysis - ie able to work with analytics partners to determine what tracking is needed, how the results will be reported etc
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience; MBA is a plus.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.