MTS Software Engineer
** Open to Remote Working within the U.S.**
About Our Team: As a valued member of the team at eBay that develops outstanding behavior analytics products as well as generate insights through data science, you will make important contributions. You will design and build behavioral data insights platforms, deliver analytics products, combine qualitative and quantitative data to convince people with your meaningful insights, and thus improve the user experience.
We are looking for highly motivated and outstanding software engineers. You will be at the core of driving a data driven culture and building world-class behavioral products.
People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and extremely forward-thinking. Our team tries to maintain a work climate of integrity, innovation, career growth, and fun. We provide you with the best opportunity to work in a challenging, highly visible and fast paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include
- Be part of setting up a new generation of data framework, involving real time, batch and micro-batch
- Implement proof-of-concept prototypes for data governing, collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Enable data-driven decision-making by collecting, transforming and visualizing data
- Technical owner for new and existing product initiatives, assist with definition of product direction
- Analyze data to gain insights to support business users optimize business process
- Work with product managers and business analysts to build new analysis tools and metrics for measuring product performance
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and roll out system changes.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical subject area (or equivalent)
- 8+ years’ work experience in the software development area with at least 5+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Extensive programming experience in Java/Scala/Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid DB skills, data mining expertise are preferred.
- Strong communication skills in Oral and Written English.
- Experience of Spark, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Kafka, Storm, etc is preferred
- Working experience of ETL and data visualization is plus
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.