Manager - Channel Marketing
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Do you want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and enjoy a shared experience around the world? If you’re passionate about joining a purpose driven community, are dedicated to an inclusive work environment, and want to contribute to the continued growth of eBay – then consider joining our dynamic group.
eBay’s unmatched inventory is unique among online retailers, and with huge scale comes massive marketing investments to connect sellers and buyers, drive sales and contribute to growth. As second in command for paid search, a critical acquisition channel, you will directly impact the performance of $100b company. We are looking for a seasoned professional to ensure paid search operations is reliable, robust and aligned to goals. You’ll play a pivotal role guiding a capable team of spend managers, finding opportunities to improve channel efficiency and expand our reach. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who can balance priorities, synthesize marketing and finance data, collaborate with others and drive for change. You should have an aptitude for both thinking big and going granular, rationalize complex process flows, and clearly articulate recommendations. We value a growth mindset, willingness to adapt and embrace change.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Campaign Planning, Management and Communication
- Establish standard methodologies that streamline execution of ongoing campaigns
- Ensure high performance output of team
- Account for marketing return on investment variance to planned performance and guide remediation efforts
- Devise optimization plans to maximize returns and provide a competitive advantage
- Strong communicating skills across a spectrum of partners, including senior executives
Channel Operations and Reporting
- Continually raise the bar on development of new tests, test methodology and data gathering to drive channel efficiency
- Develop and grow strong relationships with internal marketing team, cross-functionally and with external partners (Google, Bing)
- Deliver regular and automated reporting that provides insight and explains trends
- Deep dive into data irregularities, trends and optimization readouts
- Drive to improve day-to-day marketing operations/automation
- Act as conduit with internal product, engineering and analytic teams, and prioritize asks and ensure accountability
- Serve as a subject matter expert for key financial metrics, evaluate reporting solutions
- Understand data flows, core measures, and consolidate data sources
- High affinity for data of all kinds and the ability to garner insights and applications of various data sets to drive efficiency and effectiveness in digital marketing.
- 6-10 years of work experience with emphasis on internet marketing (paid search, affiliate, display, social, etc.)
- 3-5 years managing a high performing team
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results within tight timelines
- Analytical, curious and capable of analyzing complex data
- Experience with Test and Learn approach to drive channel performance
- Capable of making clear and concise recommendations based on objective analysis
- Ability to collaborate at all levels, including crisp and compelling verbal and written executive communication
- Skilled in SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related quantitative fields (Economics, Math, Statistics); Master’s degree preferred
- Proficient in paid search platforms such as AdWords, Google Analytics, Tag Management Solutions, etc.
- Familiarity with channel mix modeling and/or related concepts
- Familiarity with CLV measurement, incrementality, testing design and attribution modeling
- Entrepreneurial spirit - we have a team full of passionate and skilled individuals who like taking on challenges
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: