AI Backend SW Eng flexible US locations
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. While you may be able to work in a flexible US work location, you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding 25 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
Core Technology (CT) is a global team responsible for the end-to-end eBay technology platform. This platform runs our entire infrastructure and all the services that come together to form ebay.com.
eBay is looking to hire a passionate, collaborative and motivated Backend Software Engineer to work in our Core AI Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly visible and well positioned team in one of the most well established and highly trafficked ecommerce companies on the globe. You will be part of an agile engineering/data science team, which is responsible for groundbreaking development in our various AI Platform initiatives.
Come work across the stack with Software Engineers, Data scientists and Data engineers in a team that is involved from the initial phases of an AI/ML model to deploying it into production and watching the magic happen...all with an eye towards delighting our customers while at the same time, evangelizing AI across all of our varied company initiatives. We keep up with the latest technologies, tools, and challenge convention at every opportunity. Our platform serves billions of requests per day and is the backbone for many AI powered applications.
You can read about some of the cool projects the team is working on:
- Design, develop and operate an end to end AI data platform by leveraging big data, cloud and AI related technologies
- Solve challenging engineering problems for huge volume dataset’s transformation, movement, and accessing to support offline/online feature engineering needs in AI lifecycle
- Fine tune cloud native micro services to achieve optimal performance and scalability
- Collaborate in an agile way to deliver testable, high quality and production-ready code
- Explore new technologies/solutions for engineering excellence and new possibilities
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field, or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years related work experience
- Strong knowledge in data structures, algorithms and multi-paradigm programming(OO, FP, etc)
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Scala, Kotlin, Python, etc...
- Experienced in high performance RESTful/GRPC micro services development. Familiar with cloud native concepts(Container, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experienced in distributed data processing systems on large scale production environments, like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Flink
- Good working knowledge of networking, Linux, databases(SQL and NoSQL), devops, etc
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: