eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
In Australia our business encompasses three industry leading brands each known for their respective strengths: Gumtree as Australia’s favourite local marketplace, CarsGuide.com.au as the #1 in automotive editorial and Autotrader.com.au as the #2 in automotive classifieds. After acquiring the vertical motors business in 2019 (Autotrader & CarsGuide) we are transforming our business in Australia and creating one integrated team that will drive the vision and strategy of our three leading brands!
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, this position is within the advertising team. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving revenue through strategic brand partnerships as Gumtree leads its vision to become Australia’s best native and audience solutions.
The role will be focused on industry thought leadership, deepening our relationships in the media landscape with agencies and brands alike and identifying digital lead partner opportunities which will drive significant revenue and real value for our customers and our business. If you’re a passionate and committed person with a love of building Advertising client centric partnerships, then come and join our team and help take our advertising business to the next level.
What will you be doing?
- Build new revenue streams through our media solution channels.
- Develop client lead strategies that help solve real business challenges.
- Manage and seek out new agency, partner and direct client relationship.
- Represent our market communication into native and new innovative products for our customers.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing team on thought leadership and trade.
- Provide market intelligence to the business to help improve our offering
- Patch & Pipeline management reporting with proven results in meeting & exceeding revenue targets
- Work with key stakeholders improving our programmatic, native and audience products.
- Proven sales hunter with success in building client partnerships
- Extensive media agency and client direct network.
- Thorough understanding of the digital advertising industry and media sales
- Ability to sell across both Programmatic and direct channels.
- Passion for native and audience led digital solutions.
- Proven skills in negotiation, commercial acumen and business development success.
- Superb presentation, interaction, and communication skills
- Strong communication and sales skills, both verbal and non-verbal – a proven influencer
- Energised by an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of programmatic advantageous
- Pro-active and autonomous
- Tertiary qualifications in business and/ or marketing, desired
- Candidates must have solid digital experience (5+ years), preferable in a senior role at a Publisher.
- Previous experience with the following technologies will be looked upon favorably
- Google Ad Manager
- Adobe Audience Manager
- Google AdExchange
- The Rubicon Project
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.