Sr Software Engineer, Identity Platform
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
About our Team
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are the Identity Platform Team in eBay’s Payments Organization. eBay Identity team is responsible for eBay User Data and services, Authentication and Authorization of Web and NATIVE, Device Id resolution, Session Management and lot other components related to Identity User and Auth management, this specific requirement is for Identity User Platform/Services team. This team owns User Data and Services, Data Validations both in-house and vendor integrations for global user data set. Our systems is one of the basic building block of almost all other eBay business/domains, so building scalable, performance efficient system ids our DNA.
What you will work on
We are looking for a strong backend Engineer to work in the product development team, who is responsible for handling User Platform/Services in eBay marketplace. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely hardworking peers in a fun environment. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection. Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
- Lead end to end technical designs and teams
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and project related team meetings
- Work with other engineers, Architects, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and consistency to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science plus 5+ years of experience or MS in Computer Science plus 3+ years of hands-on experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems scaling beyond 1B requests/day.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Extensive hands-on experience and expertise in object-oriented design methodology and application development using Java/J2EE, Design Patterns, Spring MVC, SQL, Web services
- Good understanding of using various database systems (NoSQL and relational) at scale.
- Drive architecture discussions, produce well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack,, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes
- Partner effectively and influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across eBay
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.