Software Engineer, Quality
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Payments, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
This Full Stack Quality Engineering role requires analytical, innovative thinkers who will build cutting edge testing technologies and use next-generation automation techniques to optimally certify and automate eBay’s core marketplace platform: a global, distributed component architecture serving 100+ million visits a week which is one of the largest eCommerce platforms in the world. You will work in the Identity Product Development team, testing products involving user services, onboarding flows, multi-factor authentication, and account recovery among other areas.
Detailed job duties:
- Write automation testing in Java, Junit, Selenium and other internal Java-based automation frameworks for Frontend, SOA/Services and messaging components
- Contribute to developing sophisticated, stable, internal Java automation frameworks increasing efficiency, re-usability and flexibility supporting a 100+ person QE organization.
- Help develop and enhance eBay’s continuous integration framework, merging build/compile/test/validate processes with scheduling, automated notifications and graduated build deployments
- Work with engineers, team leads and managers to help develop innovative testing solutions. You will create software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to testing goals and principles
- Influence development and architecture counterparts to design for testability
- Mentor and train other specialists, lead larger projects, prioritize test activities and find creative solutions to blocking issues and problems
- Master’s degree in CS, EE or other technical field with 6 years related work experience, or Bachelor’s with 8 years related work experience
- Experience developing and/or testing Soap/XML/Rest & Java/JUnit and java based applications required
- Experience of continuous integration test environments (like Hudson) and automation frameworks like Selenium/WebDriver/TestNG
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, being able to read and write SQL queries
- Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks
- Quality Assurance background, including JUnit/Code Coverage (Emma)/Mock concepts/Static Analysis is appreciated
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, operations, release management
- Experience in Mobile app automation and testing is a plus.
- Experience in Agile Testing practices is a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: