Strategy & Operations lead
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
The Advertising Centre of Excellence is a highly visible, high impact team, consisting of senior subject matter experts each accountable for different areas of eCG’s (advertising) monetization business: Display, Product Listing Ads and Proprietary Capabilities/Data. The team is supported by Central Analytics, Finance and Legal/Privacy. The CoE has two main areas of responsibility:
Advertising Strategy & Future Proofing the Business
- Set and align global strategic priorities
- Understand, interpret and communicate implications trends on our business
- Drive scale and operational efficiencies
Supporting the Business
- Understand and explain internal advertising revenue trends and deliver key insights; trusted advisor to the LT and Director+ community
- Identify, align and share best practices
- Lead global strategic partner/vendor relationships
- Lead / partner on key strategic projects
In this role, you will play a key role shaping eCG’s advertising/monetization strategy and will drive processes to plan, align and execute this. You will partner directly with the Senior Director Advertising CoE as well as other senior leadership across the CoE and eCG to identify and analyze new areas of opportunity, challenge and debate strategic options & priorities and shape the global advertising /monetization narrative. You will provide quantitative and qualitative analysis to support strategic initiatives that are driven by the CoE.
In addition, you will be responsible for operational processes to support the execution of our strategy & business alignment and will lead/own projects that will drive scale and operational efficiency across eCG’s advertising/monetization business.
You will be a highly collaborative leader with the ability to quickly grasp the essence of complex matters and turn these into clear, data driven and concise strategies; you are an excellent communicator with excellent analytical/numerical skills that thrives in an ambiguous situation and have the ability to influence/lead without hierarchal authority.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Shape and model critical initiatives and lead the governance and delivery of these across markets
- Handle risks, issues, and actions across BU’s and global teams; track them regularly to meet the encouraged outcomes and timelines.
- Define and deliver robust and scalable processes to speed up adoption of takeaways and standard methodologies across markets in the advertising space.
- Closely work with global and local eCG leadership as well as Partners including facilitating execution of major work you're doing from roadmap placement through execution.
What we are looking for:
- Thorough experience in (boardroom) strategy consulting, ideally in media/commerce.
- An MBA degree or equivalent.
- Strong analytical/numerical skills and a data driven approach to solving strategic questions
- Ability to create a compelling strategic narrative from highly complex input; proven track record in crafting/visualizing business strategy to a senior audience
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills and experience addressing C level and senior management
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated partner focus, proven attention to detail and quality.
- Experience delivering major projects and programs to provide direction and leadership to a number of commercial and highly technical teams.
- Ambitious self-starter that can lead and influence across level and functions without hierarchical authority
- Willingness and ability to do frequent business travel.
- Bonus points: experience/background in online advertising (technology) and the online classified's business.
- Characters appreciated.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.