Sr Software Engineer - Trust & Safety
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the TnS team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focusing on building and improving state of the art moderation solutions for our global Classifieds businesses!
What you will do?
- Design and implement a multi-tenant Trust and Safety solution which will run on GCP.
- Design system layers to support componentized and layered application development, including business functionality and database access.
- Take ownership of the project, work with other engineers, managers, product owner to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs.
- Build a high-performance, scalable, reliable solution consistent with development goals and principles.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver sophisticated changes.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for improvements.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related
- Proven experience in design, coding and testing of related applications
- Strong Software development skills with Java (J2EE, Kotlin, Scala, Web Services etc.). Kotlin knowledge will help you get started even faster
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, preferably Google Cloud, Kubernetes
- Experience with large scale data-driven systems is a plus
- Experience with queueing systems, especially Kafka and Google Pub/Sub.
- Good understanding SQL/NOSQL databases. Elasticsearch knowledge is beneficial
- Familiarity with microservice design patterns, continuous integration workflows, and continuous delivery concepts
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform)
- Knowledge of web services ecosystem including: REST, JSON, and HTTP(S)
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements
- Flexible working patterns and occasional work-from-home supported
- Pension scheme
- Life and disability insurance.
- Excellent parental leave policy available!
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We would like to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect from us moving forward during the global pandemic.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures and tight restrictions to ensure effective social distancing. We will be sure to discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. In line with the restrictions and precautions, interview processes will generally be completed remotely over ZOOM calls.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.