Sr Software Engineer - MarTech
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by crafting a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Marketing Technology team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focussing on building and improving our state of the art MarTech offerings utilizing Adobe Marketing suite and Google Cloud Platform!
What is part of the job:
- Where no standard components are available, design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Take ownership of project work and develop client relationships. Be a confident self-starter!
- Independently plan, design, code, debug and test major features, ensuring bugs are identified early and requirements are delivered.
- Deliver high quality by writing test classes for your code ensuring more than 80% code coverage.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for improvements.
For this position we are looking for a candidate with several years of Python experience with a focus on backend engineering.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, preferably Google Cloud Storage, GKE, Big Query, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions and Pub Sub.
- Working experience of Big Query and Data Flow are a huge plus;
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar SQL databases.
- Experience with unit testing and test automation frameworks for Python
- General DevOps principles and familiarity with tools like Terraform, GitHub and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing products such as Campaign and Audience Manager is a plus.
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews.
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.