Senior Software Engineer Trust & Safety
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
As a Senior Software Engineer in the TnS team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focusing on building and improving state of the art moderation solutions for our global Classifieds businesses, running on Google Cloud Platform!
- Design and implement a multi-tenant Trust and Safety solution which will run on GCP.
- Design system layers to support componentized and layered application development, including business functionality and database access.
- Take ownership of the project, work with other engineers, managers, product owner to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs.
- Build a high-performance, scalable, reliable solution consistent with development goals and principles.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver sophisticated changes.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for them.
What we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven experience in design, coding and testing of related applications
- Familiarity with microservice design patterns, continuous integration workflows, and continuous delivery concepts
- Strong Software development skills with Java (Kotlin, Scala, Web Services etc.). Kotlin knowledge will help you get started even faster
- Experience with large scale systems
- Experience with public cloud, preferably Google DataFlow or Apache Beam, Big Query, Google Cloud SQL (Postgres) and Pub Sub
- Elasticsearch experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization and IaC technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform)
- Knowledge of web services ecosystem including: REST, JSON, and HTTP(S)
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.