Do you want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect and share around the world? eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) now part of Adevinta, is an innovative leader in online classifieds with many brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less!
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Senior Software Engineer IAM.
eCG's Identity-team is part of Global Capabilities, a hub of internal services built for scale. We are experienced engineers who develop systems around Identity and Access Management (IAM) that already power our local platforms in Canada, Germany and Australia. Our mission is creating the only Identity-solution that eCG needs, providing a secure, seamless and trustworthy experience for our platforms and their users. We expect significant growth of onboarded platforms over the coming year.
As a member of our team, you will work on products related to Identity Services (Authentication, Authorization, User Management, Identity verification), using industry standard protocols (OpenID, OAuth, SCIM).
As senior engineer in our team you will build and run production-grade services at scale in an agile team. You will partner with experienced engineers and product managers to build the technology that secures our sites and the accounts of our users.
In this role, we expect you to consistently guide architectural decisions of our system, and help to make it more scalable and resilient. You will mentor junior developers in the team by guiding them through architecture and procedures and helping them develop their engineering skills. You will help to continuously improve the development work in all areas from coding and processes, to tools and testing.
- 8+ years of experience in software development with proven experience in a Java environment.
- Deep knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and Distributed Systems.
- You have an analytical approach to understand business needs, and come up with engineering solutions.
- Proven understanding of working in a cloud hosted environment.
- Strong interest in current developments and technologies within the Java community.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery.
- You build it, you run it.
- You are a sharp communicator who can explain complex computing problems in clear and concise language.
- You are comfortable working across functions and teams, sharing your own ideas and showing curiosity for the ideas of others.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.