Senior Site Reliability Engineer
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust. We invite you to join us!
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are the Core Chat Team and the Communication Channels Team and as part of a team that builds a large scale back-end communication service that processes 300M messages per month and receives 10K requests per second, you will have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology and have an impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites.
We are a single journey team therefore we build, deploy and operate our product. As part of the team, your responsibilities will lie mainly on the Public Cloud side of the project.
- Know how to build robust, fault-tolerant and highly scalable Web Services that support our global growth.
- Write, review and ship software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Actively contribute to create autonomy within product teams throughout tools and frameworks.
- Share on-call rotations together with Product Development.
- Strong experience with Public Cloud (preferred GCP)
- Strong hands-on experience with infrastructure automation tools and orchestrators (Terraform)
- Strong expertise with monitoring frameworks (Stackdriver, Prometheus)
- Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities
- Programming experience.
- Experience in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with running systems with a microservice-based architecture (Docker)
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Feel ownership over everything you ship. You pride yourself on operational excellence.
- Good on your own, but shine in a team.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience with Kubernates and Istio
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch and MySQL
- Familiarity with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience with Nomad, Vault, Consul
People are the heart of the eBay Classifieds business, and their health and well-being are our first priority.
We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.