Senior SEO Manager, Global Growth - BNL
Amsterdam, Netherlands eBay Classifieds Group
Looking for a company where you can have an impact? A company where you can have the best of two worlds – a high-reaching work environment and an inclusive culture?
Adevinta is looking for a forward-thinking, highly motivated, strategic and experienced Senior SEO Manager to join our growing Global SEO Team.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Milanuncios in Spain and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the more than 350 million unique visitors who choose to use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of dedicated teams.
About the team
Global SEO is a team dedicated to make sure every local market achieves organic search traffic growth. We belong in the Global Growth Team which helps our international marketplaces grow in all the facets of digital marketing.
The candidate will work within our Global SEO team and embedded into our local teams in Amsterdam to shape a deep impact in our organic search performance for our BNL markets, including the following three marketplaces: marktplaats.nl, 2dehands.be and 2ememain.be.
We are part of the SEO Community where we collaborate with, learn from, and support each other to make an impact locally and across the globe.
This is a highly visible role within the organisation, that requires you to be resourceful, creative and persistent to make our BNL market (marktplaats.nl, 2dehands.be and 2ememain.be) an SEO-first company.
This role will be responsible for crafting and prioritizing our SEO strategy and roadmap, reporting to our Global Head of SEO and working with our local teams within the BNL organisation to drive deep impact.
You will be working to identify key growth opportunities, ensure strong performance, as well as oversee all technical SEO implementations and requirements (this role is more of a technical SEO role rather than a content SEO role). Candidates should have extensive SEO experience, with a proven ability to unify cross-functional teams to drive sustainable, exponential organic growth.
This is a position for someone who is obsessed with SEO and wants to have a deep impact in a multi-tenant platform of 3 sites. The right candidate thrives in a dynamic and changing environment, possesses strong communication skills and is quick to take initiative.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience in SEO with a consistent track record of successfully developing and implementing SEO strategies and significantly improving Organic Search performance for online businesses. Plus if you have marketplaces or classifieds experience.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies, and passion to stay abreast of news and trends in SEO and online marketing.
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO best practices and optimizations.
- Experience implementing successful large-scale SEO initiatives, including internal linking and site architecture sophisticated projects.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with content, design, communications and product teams to drive SEO programs forward in a highly-effective manner.
- Experience working with a number of SEO suites/tools: Botify, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEMrush, Sistrix, etc. and analytics tools: Google Search Console & Google Analytics
- You can easily connect and collaborate with a diverse set of people across levels and backgrounds
- Ability to create and deliver engaging presentations to expert and generalist audiences
- You can judge when a topic requires 100% and when 20% is sufficient, are able to slice big projects into smaller pieces and make your work and progress visible
- Proficient in English (Dutch and/or French highly beneficial)
- Plus: SQL, Python or R, or any programming knowledge
What we offer:
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
Benefits are a crucial part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to resolve safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement