Senior Engineer Communication Channels
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
We are crafting the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are hardworking for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a Senior Engineer in the Communication Channels team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focusing on building and improving state of the art communication solutions for our global Classifieds businesses! The team is building and maintaining global solutions for push notifications, in-app notifications and SMS.
- Coach and mentor a cross-functional team of engineers
- Improve agile development and continuous deployment process
- Design and implement a multi-tenant communication solutions which will run on Google Cloud Platform(GCP).
- Take ownership of the project, work with other specialists, managers, product owner to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
What we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years’ experience engineering
- Deep knowledge of Java and its ecosystem, preferably Java 11, Kotlin and Spring Framework
- Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, preferably Google Cloud Spanner, Google Kubernetes Engine and Pub Sub
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- Experience with large scale data-driven systems is a plus.
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate, employ and teach new technologies and concepts
What we offer:
- Meaningful Work:We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility:We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance:Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including, four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development:We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation:We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion:Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.