Senior Engineer Communication Channels
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
We are crafting the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are hardworking for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a Senior Engineer in the Communication Channels team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focusing on building and improving state of the art communication solutions for our global Classifieds businesses! The team is building and maintaining global solutions for push notifications, in-app notifications and SMS.
- Coach and mentor a cross-functional team of engineers
- Improve agile development and continuous deployment process
- Design and implement a multi-tenant communication solutions which will run on Google Cloud Platform(GCP).
- Take ownership of the project, work with other specialists, managers, product owner to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
What we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years’ experience engineering
- Deep knowledge of Java and its ecosystem, preferably Java 11, Kotlin and Spring Framework
- Preferably you have a degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, preferably Google Cloud Spanner, Google Kubernetes Engine and Pub Sub
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- Experience with large scale data-driven systems is a plus.
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate, employ and teach new technologies and concepts
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.