Senior Data Engineer (Python)
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
As a Senior Data Engineer in the Marketing Technology team you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an emerging team, focussing on building and improving our state of the art MarTech offerings utilizing Adobe Marketing suite and Google Cloud Platform!
- Where no standard components are available, design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Coach fellow team members on (new) technology and design.
- Take ownership of project work and develop client relationships.
- Be a confident self-starter!
- Independently plan, design, code, debug and test major features, ensuring bugs are identified early and requirements are delivered.
- Identify technical areas for improvement and make business cases for improvements.
What we are looking for:
For this position the ideal candidate has several years of Python experience with a focus on backend and data engineering.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, preferably Google Cloud Storage, Big Query, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions and Pub Sub.
- Working experience of Looker, Big Query and Data Flow are a huge plus.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar SQL databases.
- Experience with unit testing and test automation frameworks for Python
- General DevOps principles and familiarity with tools like Terraform, GitHub and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing products such as Campaign and Audience Manager is a plus. Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback, particularly while participating in code reviews.
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.