Senior Business Development Manager (Transactional Services)
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
About the team:
As we continuously strive for further improvement of the trading experience, we've founded the Partnerships Team, a dedicated business unit to setup strategic partnerships for integrated functionalities and services on our platforms. This team operates on the cutting edge of business, product and marketing. The Partnerships team works 360 around the organization to improve the user journey of our users, build business for our partners and meanwhile keeps pushing internally for maximum user adoption and earnings. Therefor the key performance principle of Partnerships is Win-Win-Win. After the initial successes of our transactional services in 2020 we're ready for further acceleration in 2021 and now looking for a driven and seasoned
Our Business Development Manager will bring transactions on Marktplaats and 2dehands in a new maturing phase. Now the primary value is confirmed by a fair share of our Marktplaats users, it's time to accelerate the user adoption to make these services a logical and indispensable part of every user's journey. Meanwhile for 2dehands.be and 2ememain.be this new chapter has only just begun. You will be integral part of the multidisciplinary Interactions domain, working day to day with dedicated colleagues from Marketing, Product, Technology, UX and CR. This domain team will bring these services alive and materialize the strategic cooperation’s we've raised with our partners. You will build new partnerships, nurture existing ones and meanwhile push internally for adoption to maximise viability and profitability. Always with a data driven approach to discover, experiment, develop and eventually fulfill the needs of our users.
In order to be successful in this role, you have vast experience in a commercial digital role in a product/service driven publishing organization. You have knowledge of online business models, conversion focused marketing ánd commercial product development. You naturally practice product management from a business perspective. You understand by heart that your success is the result of the best commercial agreement multiplied by the highest possible user adoption. Our Business Owner combines strong commercial and analytical capabilities with a natural persuasion power to bring our transactional ambitions alive and at scale.
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Discover new ways to further grow impact and profitability of our platforms and proof the business case and user interest
- Setup and maintain durable strategic partnerships for the development of integrated functions/services on our platforms and coordinate the integration accordingly.
- The user adoption of the services within your partnerships is the proof of your business sense and you drive it by all possible means
- Meanwhile stay focussed on exciting market developments, potential new partners and platform features that could build value according to the win-win-win principle
- Demonstrate acumen in driving ideas, convincing (potential) partners, negotiating and closing deals
- 360 alignment internally (tech, legal, data, product, business, customer support, marketing & PR) to quickly develop a partnership from idea to live functionality
- You are the monetization specialist. Play your role as the business professional internally and the platform specialist externally and always lead your partners to the next step towards success
- Always live the results, lead the success and be ready to present it in meetings, demo's or QBR's
- Working at ECG is executing in an intense, fast-paced and highly iterative environment
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Economics, Business, Econometrics or equivalent.
- >7 years of commercial online experience in technology, publishing or digital services business.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- You are a business person, from spotting the opportunity, landing the partnership agreement to pushing for the proper integration and scaling to success.
- Executor with a constant focus on delivery
- Rainmaker cooperating across departments and ability to establish positive relationships across levels and functions
- Proficient in Dutch and English
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.