Senior Back End Software Engineer, SEO
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a senior backend engineer you will be relied on to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll be part of an Agile team, together with QA, UX and front-end engineers, focussing on extending and improving our high traffic platform, while mentoring engineers around you, assisting in improving the code-base, hiring, maintaining and advocating strong development standards.
What you will do:
- You'll help grow organic search traffic to eBay Classified Group (ECG) websites.
- You'll implement the product improvements that will accelerate the growth of ECG search audience.
- You'll optimise page load performance and rendering.
- Experience in Java development
- Extensive experience in web development, delivering high performing, clean code
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Familiar working in Agile teams and delivering software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Experience in Scala or NodeJS is desirable
- You have a deep real passion for SEO and growth
- Experience working on a platform which depends on SEO
- Understanding of the current limitations search engines have in indexing and rendering
- Experience with web performance optimisation, both server and client side
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: