eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to build great relationships with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eCG already has a presence and in prospective markets.
As a Salesforce.com developer we will rely on you to independently develop and deliver high-quality features and finish tasks to a high standard. You’ll work in an Agile team, focusing on extending our Communities and Knowledge base, introducing Lightning, improving the code-base and maintaining and advocating strong development standards.
What you will do:
- As part of our sales focused development squad you will be involved in all aspects of our Agile development, from refining requirements, designing and implementing solutions to supporting our customers around the globe.
- Where no standard components are available design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code.
- Take ownership of project work and developing client relationships (should be a confident self-starter)
- Identify bugs and align with requirements during debugging
- Write test classes for the class that you develop and ensure more than 80% code coverage
- Experience and certification in Salesforce.com development.
- Lightning component development, Lightning design development
- Experience with Salesforce DX
- Experience working with GitHub
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive criticism, particularly while participating in code reviews
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiar working in Agile teams and crafting software using Agile methodologies.
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in Mulesoft or similar tool development
- Experience in Sales cloud
- Provar, or other supplier, test automation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology field or equivalent; 3+ year’s work experience
- 2+ years Salesforce experience, Salesforce certification beneficial ADM 201 / ADM 211 / ADM 301
- Understanding of relational databases
- Advanced Excel/ETL/Data Loader skills required
- Superb communication and analytical skills
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Capable of demonstrating a very sharp learning curve to become productive, enthusiastic and dependable quickly
- Knowledge of the organisational structure and culture to help establish relationships with key partners and user groups
- Be able to multitask, commit to meeting targets with competing priorities and deadlines across multiple key partners
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to research and understand an undocumented set up and application testing of developed functionality
- Detail & results oriented, takes the initiative and makes things happen in a fast paced go-live environment
- Ability to dissect business requirements and return high quality solutions that meet expectations.
- A solid understanding of business processes
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: