eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
We believe that solving customer problems and delivering value to our business can be done at scale. As the Global Capabilities Team (CAPS) we offer our local brands a portfolio of capabilities along the end customer journey that speeds up time to market across the eBay Classifieds Group. Our global teams develop and innovate a broad variety of central solutions and services.
Part of CAPS is the First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS). Together we closely partner with our local peers on efficient integrations of our capabilities that create valuable experiences for our end customers and the business. We are a diverse and highly motivated team. Data is the voice of our customers and helps us to define the common goals we work towards as one team.
The First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS) is looking for a Product Analyst to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within the eBay Classifieds Group. Some of our complexities is the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
We are looking for a self-starter analyst to collaborate closely with the team to enable a data-driven approach, creating meaningful insights that drive product and business decisions.
You will be working directly with product teams (developers, designers, product managers) on a day-to-day basis, creating a better understanding of what our customers are doing and need. We are looking for someone who is excited about being involved from beginning to end - from the initial product hypothesis, analysis of opportunity space, solution design and optimisation of chosen solution for it to have the desired impact.
- Work directly with product, engineering and user experience team members to unpack complex product challenges that keep our users from succeeding on our platforms.
- Define key metrics and drive new logging requirements.
- Evaluate new product developments from the users perspective and identify ways to track and improve its contribution towards platform goals.
- Proactively find new opportunities with our stakeholders and initiate product developments driven by quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Translate metrics into dashboards: setup, management and maintenance of dashboards and reports in the focus area.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or other quantitative field.
- 5 year track record (or equivalent) in using data to facilitate business decisions; including professional experience in a global organization.
- Advanced proficiency in at least one data querying language (SQL, Hive, etc).
- Strong Proficiency in at least one business reporting/dashboarding tool (Tableau, Power BI, etc).
- Strong Proficiency in multivariate testing and experimentation process for product purposes.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and more generally building and delivering effective presentations.
- Efficient when working with a multitude of disparate data sources and tools; working out of a data warehouse or from smaller imperfect datasets.
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Product focus; with hands-on-experience experience in launching, iterating and improving digital products.
- Customer knowledge; with experience in human-centred design, customer interviews and workshop facilitation etc.
- e-Commerce business management; ideally with prior experience in digital marketplaces and advertising
- Modern software delivery methods, as part of cross-functional teams
- Experience applying statistical models to drive business decision-making
- Hands on experience with one scripting language (R, Python, Java, etc)
- Familiar with the tech industry and e-commerce platforms
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.