People Business Partner
People Business Partner Benelux
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the business:
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
We're looking for a People Business Partner, based in Amsterdam. To be the key partner for the VP and Management Team leading our classifieds businesses in the Benelux region. Be responsible for understanding the business and strategic objectives of these client groups; build and implement the appropriate human capital plan, recruiting strategy and organizational and leadership effectiveness to deliver business impact. You will report to the People Lead for eBay Classifieds globally, be part of the eCG People team as well as the client Benelux management team.
- Understand business and strategic objectives and provide the appropriate support and guidance on HR programs, strategies and processes across rewards & compensation, staffing, performance management, employee engagement, talent management/OD, and learning to achieve business results and integrate seamlessly into the business.
- Work with the leadership team on projects and initiatives to strengthen the commercial (sales & business development), technology and product and customer service organization; including sales, sales operations, product management and engineering functions.
- Partner on initiatives and programs across the eCG markets to drive increased organizational efficiency and effectiveness, which could include work on change management, organizational design and capability transformation.
- Provide guidance on talent management and development; organizational structure and appropriate change management programs to support the growth of the business, including M&A situations, as well as internal integration across businesses.
- Partner with the GM in Benelux and the People Experience consultant to maintain a positive and constructive relationship with the Works Council in the Netherlands.
- Oversee workforce plans, recruitment and talent initiatives, including hiring & onboarding plans, hiring strategies and plans across regions and all job families within the teams.
- Leverage all People programs, policies, processes and systems.
- Support and advocate for all Diversity & Inclusion efforts to enable a richly diverse team.
- Effectively partner with and fully leverage HR functional areas (Recruiting, Onboarding, Learning & Talent Development, Compensation, Legal)
- Partner with business leaders to develop business objectives and plans. Design and implement local priorities to drive the business.
- Partner with P&T communities across eCG (CRT, PLG, DLG, VAT) with regard to people development initiatives within functional domains (product, UEX, design, architecture).
- Strengthen the leadership team by providing coaching and counsel to senior leaders to further develop their leadership capability.
- Partner with leadership team to design and build organizational capability to deliver the objectives of the businesses.
Success will be measured based on:
- Attrition targets within the business
- eSat (employee satisfaction) scores on surveys
- Stakeholder feedback on coaching effectiveness
- Recruiting targets – diversity, attrition of new hires
- Participation and effective roll-out of HR programs
- Intellectual curiosity and innovative spirit:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand competitive landscape
- Capacity and passion to explore new avenues of growth and think creatively about business challenges and opportunities;
- Possesses growth mindset; prepared to challenge the status quo and drive development.
- Experience building, creating and coaching effective customer-focused organizations; ability to build, inspire and develop a high-performing team
- Understands and is able to influence the levers that drive the business; how each function impacts success, how the business makes money and how changes in structure, technology and process will create better outcomes.
- Understands the role product and technology (design and development) plays in an ecommerce or technology-driven business.
- Ability to effectively navigate and influence across functions/regions in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to collaborate both upwards and downwards
- Skilled at consulting with wide variety of partner types and navigating unchartered territory
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years Human Resources/People experience with some of that time operating in a multi-cultural and/or multi-national environment; focused on Product & Technology and/or Sales/Commercial teams. Experience with centralization and transformation projects, as well as M&A integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus.
- Plus (not required): Dutch-speaking
- Related coursework, certification or continuing education in Human Resources
- Experience working in a complex, highly matrixed environment.
- Experience on M&A and/or business/culture transformation
- 5-7 years in an HR role with responsibility for organizational design, development and transformation, HR programming, coaching leaders, change management
- Plus: 2-4 years in a role supporting product or technology.
- High level of business acumen; aptitude and curiosity to know the business conditions and opportunities and an appetitive to understand the market dynamics
- Ability to bring leadership and influence across organizational layers - consult, negotiate, resolve conflict, build relationships; all through great communication skills
- Based on business opportunities will know how to manage projects and has proven ability to design and implement creative processes and solutions, including change management, talent development and related areas.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.