eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. These teams are supported by Site Operations.
We are searching for an addition in the Network Team. This position, Network Engineer will be at the headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will be part of an international team; other locations include Toronto and Berlin.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe and we are looking for you.
Your job will consist of:
- Providing support and perform implementations for our Edge/Core/Platform networks
- Collaborating with colleagues in the network, cloud & datacenter team
- Updating documentation, strategies & conventions/templates for our Edge/Core/Platform networks
- Providing Level2 support for the network team
- Participating in on-call
What we expect from you:
- 5-7 years of experience in network operations and implementation;
- multi-vendor experience with routing, switching and firewall equipment from Juniper & Cisco;
- expert level understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6;
- expert level OSPF and BGP - well experienced with network automation (Python);
- experience with cloud architectures - experience with SDN technologies such as VXLAN, MPLSoGRE, MPLSoUDP;
- experience with Juniper Contrail products preferred;
- Proficient oral and written communications skills in English;
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Science, Electronic Engineering, or a similar field.
What we offer:
Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one.
If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Olga Bugheanu, Recruiting
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.