Medior Backend Engineer Golang
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
The First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS) is looking for a Backend Engineer to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within the eBay Classifieds Group. Some of our complexities is the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
We do this through a technology stack mainly running through Go-lang based microservices, with eventing on Kafka, reporting on Clickhouse and Datastorage on MySQL. We run these services through Nomad on our own private cloud, and we handle the dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lots of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well. This stack is in constant evolution and flux to support growth as well as our own efficiency.
- Up to 10K events per sec per service.
- System handling up to 9000 searches per second.
- Over 10 million live Listings
- Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, DE, NL and BE
- End-to-end ownership of the seller's journey, from the shop around the corner to big retail brands
Your role in the team is to develop and maintain our seller facing services.
Our teams focus on multiple aspects of our product, such as the Seller Experience (API/Frontend/Reporting), Playout (Search, Ranking and Event Processing) and Platform (Data, Security, Compliance, Pipelines).
What we are looking for:
- Working closely together with cross-functional team (frontend, backend, ux, product, analyst roles).
- Experience with Backend system design, API and Data storage. Experience with Product is a plus.
- Experience in a distributed, scalable, high-throughput and highly available systems.
- Experience in Go in production quality systems.
- BS/BA level of thinking and cooperation
- 2+ years of work experience in the field of backend engineering
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques. Good communication skills.
- Participate in the on-call rotation together with the rest of engineering (we run what we build)
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.