(Junior) Visual / Web Designer (d/f/m)
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us!
Marktplaats, 2dehands & 2ememain are the leading online marketplaces in Benelux. Through our trading platforms, we provide technology-based services to connect buyers and sellers and facilitate transactions thus empowering our users to make more sustainable choices in their daily lives. Every month millions of individual users are collectively contributing to a world where people share more and waste less, a world where every deal makes a big difference.
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team as a Junior Designer (d/f/m).
About the team:
Our Benelux Marketing team drives our penetration agenda via full-funnel, data-driven & audience centric Story-Telling, measured & optimized towards ROI goals. This role sits within the Brand & Content team tasked to continuously bar raise our creative agenda and use all available intel to ensure that our content is relevant and thought-leading.
You will be responsible for creating a wide variety of assets across digital and offline media while adhering to our brand standards and guidelines. You will play a pivotal role in providing a consistent visual experience across the brand portfolio and will be assisting the lead designer on various projects.
The role is based in Amsterdam and reports to the Head of Brand and Content.
- Design high quality visuals and layouts across a variety of channels, including ad campaigns, web, email, video content, digital product and presentations
- Work independently and collaboratively to develop concepts and work that is on brief and fin line with brand guidelines
- Create illustrations for explanatory visual support in product and/or inspirational illustrations
- Develop mockups for landing pages, banners, CRM
- Translate concepts/mockups in functional designs for both online and offline use
- Work and maintain marketing platforms in WordPress
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven relevant multi-disciplinary design experience including everything from editorial to social media posts to web design
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Excellent working knowledge of design software and technologies such as, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Google Web Designer
- Portfolio which demonstrates your skills and design thinking
- Self-motivated and eager to learn inside a fast-paced environment
- An eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communications skills
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time and deadlines
- Fluent in Dutch and proficient in English
- Meaningful Work: We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
- Flexibility: We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
- Work-Life Balance: Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
- Growth and Development: We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
- Competitive Compensation: We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
- Connection and Inclusion: Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta*, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 16 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. As a global network of loved local brands, including eBay Kleinanzeigen in Germany, Marktplaats in the Netherlands, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 7,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month.