Intern Financial Planning & Analysis
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million outstanding visitors and 350.000 new advertisements every single day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and dynamic assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us.
About the team:
Classifieds is crafting the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Looking for a company that encourages passion, courage and creativity, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to building an ambitious and versatile workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Ask any Dutch internet user about their favorite Marktplaats story. Observe their excitement about the great deal they found or the interesting people they met. They have made Marktplaats the most popular site in the Netherlands. On an average day, Marktplaats handles over 1 million outstanding visitors, 350.000 new advertisements and 155.000 transactions. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us. This is a big responsibility; you will improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
- As a working student, you will be supporting our financial planning department and work closely with the Head of Finance
- Your tasks will include owning our weekly and monthly performance reporting, thus giving you a great opportunity to learn on the job how e-commerce works
- You can extend your knowledge into analytics and search for chances to create this reporting step-by-step more efficient
- You will help translating insights into actionable initiatives
- You are an ambitious and driven student who loves solving quantitative problems.
- You are in your third (or higher) year of your university studies in a field such as business economics with a hang on mathematics or equivalent
- Pro-activeness and willing to develop your communication and data skills
- Good at seeing stories in numbers and finding ways to communicate these in an easy way
- Interested in classifieds with preferably a lot of experience on Marktplaats or another Classifieds website.
- Excellent MS Excel skills, SQL preferred but not mandatory
- An international and fun work environment.
- An opportunity to gain experience in data analysis and thus improve your technical skills, while working with market leading authorities in ecommerce space
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: