Incident Response Team Leader
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
We are seeking a professional individual to join our team to lead our incident response team and processes (d/f/m).
Our team's primary function is facilitating incident response for our platforms and services. The team you would be responsible for operates over three shifts across twenty four hours, seven days a week. We work with Site Operations and Product Development on-calls to build incident records and incident notifications.
To paraphrase Fight Club: “You’ve met our organisation at a very interesting time in its history.” We are entering an exciting new phase and you will be the shepherd for the transformation of this function!
- Handle the relationship with our resourcing partner
- Perform onboarding and offboarding of the team in our systems
- Improve how we respond to, document, and communicate unexpected impacting events (incidents)
Success in this role:
- Defined performance metrics for the team with the vendor
- Our vendor is generating reports from your performance metrics
- Made us better at responding to incidents
What we are looking for:
- Enjoys working with processes and people
- Willingness to collaborate across teams and time zones
- Proficient in English (it's our business language)
We’re looking for someone who wants to own incident response processes and tooling, who is comfortable suggesting and making improvements to those processes and tools. Someone who can connect with people and look for ways to improve how a central incident response function can work with central and remote on-call teams to facilitate the generation of insights when things go wrong. If you use your words and ideas to build bridges and get stuff done, we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their
health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local
government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the
safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working
remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety
procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the
interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely
over video calls.