Head of Global Commercial Analytics
Head of Global Commercial Analytics
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities – whether it is a car, an apartment, a concert ticket, financial services or a new phone. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have ten brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than, 1000 cities around the world.
With more than 250 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace.
eCG is always looking for talented, high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
We are looking for a highly analytical minded team & people leader, who is passionate on supporting data informed decision making based on insights of customer behaviour.
- Be the domain expert and thought leader for commercial analytics across the eBay Classifieds group; a portfolio covering monetization via online advertising, real estate, jobs and B2C goods
- Lead a multi-functional global team plus work closely with in-market commercial analysts within the country teams
- Act as the global leader for commercial performance measurement frameworks including ownership of the global commercial measurement framework, metrics definitions, and evaluation methodologies
- Provide actionable insights & recommendations to eCG Leadership Teams; within the Advertising Centre of Excellence (CoE) and the commercial leaders across 10+ countries
- Be a strong business and sparring partner to both the global finance leadership team and CoE Lead
- Use data driven conclusions to influence and support tactical and strategic decisions
- Provide technical expertise in measuring business performance and research using mathematical, statistical and experimental tools & techniques while combining data from various sources
- Work with global analytics solutions team to help scope and prioritize investments in dashboarding and self-service analytics tooling
- Participate in additional business intelligence activities related to data analysis, e.g. analytical workshops and projects, sourcing new data sources, etc.
- Leverage data infrastructure and lead best practices sharing with analysts and business partners across the company and the eBay classifieds group
- Bachelor’s Degree with previous work experience in Business Analytics
- Excellent analytical skills and ability not only to generate insights and recommendations, but also to convince with “to the point” communication and the ability to transition seamlessly from complex analytics to simple/precise business implications
- Strong end to end analytical problem solving skills in identifying the problem, defining a solution approach, collating the data, analysing the results and synthesizing actionable insights
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Player/coach leadership attitude.
- Exposure to SQL and statistical/data analysis software like R, Python, SAS, SPSS or others
- Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Leadership skills (can be also new to people management) and the ability to influence across organizational boundaries
High levels of self-motivation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on judgment
- Team-Spirit, good sense of humour and strong personality
- People-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders and draw upon their skills when needed
- Fluent in English
- Master’s degree in Business or a quantitative field (Stats, Maths, Computer Science, etc.)
- Commercially minded; interest in business strategy and financially literate
- Strong knowledge of the online publisher business; digital advertising products (not limited to DFP, Google AdSense, Google Ad Exchange), the programmatic advertising ecosystem, A/B testing, in-app advertising, regulatory considerations
- Experience in Google Analytics or equivalent
- Solid understanding of statistics
What we offer:
- Dynamic, international teams with very skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor
- The chance to work closely with other teams in eBay across Europe, North American and APAC
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- A competitive salary, benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Silicon Valley amenities, such as iPhones and MacBook Pros, crazy high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities
- An opportunity to build applications, which will be used by millions of people globally
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your cv. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert 0031 6 5471 2410 / firstname.lastname@example.org, Talent Engagement Partner.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: