Head of Engineering - Advertising
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
We believe that solving customer problems and delivering value to our business can be done at scale. As the Global Capabilities team, we offer our local brands a portfolio of capabilities along the customer journey that speeds up time to market across Adevinta. Our global teams develop and innovate a broad variety of central solutions and services.
Our Global Advertising teams are building advertising engines combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within Adevinta. Some of our complexities are the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
As Head of Engineering - Advertising you are responsible for the vision and strategy of the global Advertising Technology capability, ensuring that it is aligned with the product vision and is highly scalable. You’ 'll be responsible for 2-3 large engineering teams that are expanding and scaling.
In this role you’ll have a global impact and report to the Director of Engineering - Marketplaces Services. We'll expect you to:
- Collaborate on setting the strategy and the vision of the Advertising domain and ensure a sustainable roadmap together with the Head of Advertising product
- Grow tech leads and engineering talent through coaching, mentoring and through attracting top talent from the market
- Lead engineering work ensuring measurable and consistent delivery of high quality software
- Develop thought leadership for the Advertising domain and enable our teams to deliver with higher impact
How does success look like? Your teams should:
- Be engaged by a clear purpose which energizes not only your teams but also the broader community
- Be empowered to drive impact across our key markets autonomously
- Be equipped with the right talent and skills to make an impact
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate is both a team builder and a problem solver. You build strategic partnerships through our organization, and can influence people at all levels by your strong story-telling skills. You're a self-starter who proactively identifies and solves problems, driven by data. You build bridges across matrix organizations and collaborate efficiently with product management teams to reach shared goals. This individual has a 'bias to action' and thrives and enjoys a fast-paced and cross-functional environment!
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.