Head of Automotive Sales Benelux
Head of Automotive Sales Benelux
Every month Marktplaats & 2dehands/2ememain handle over 10 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making them the largest online trading platforms in the Benelux. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch, Belgian and Silicon Valley cultures; we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us.
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The business unit:
Automotive is one of the most important business units within our Dutch and Belgian classifieds. Our aim our is to improve the journey for both car buyers and sellers with the ultimate goal to buy and sell a car in 5 minutes with a smile. This has resulted in a #1 demand position both in The Netherlands as well as in Belgium.
We are currently seeking a Head of Automotive Sales Benelux to join our team. This is an exciting role for an experienced high energy sales leader. You will bring our sales strategy to the next level and are in the drivers' seat for growing our market share amongst the largest car dealer holdings in The Netherlands and Belgium. You continuously identify new commercial opportunities. You easily connect with leaders within the car industry and provide our organization with their valuable feedback. People see you as a forward-thinker and role model. They enjoy working with you and for you; they would do it over and over again. Ultimately, you are driven & creative by making a difference in business performance, your customers’ lives, and your teams’ careers.
You will be based in Amsterdam and will report into the Head of Automotive & Verticals Benelux.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of the Dutch and Belgian Automotive sales team (approx. 13 fte).
- Member of the Benelux Automotive management team.
- Develop local sales strategies for Belgium and The Netherlands.
- Deliver against ambitious revenue goals in a customer and consumer focused manner.
- Develop long-term client / partner relationships and set up a structure to support this.
- Lead all aspects of the mayor dealer holding relationships & drive the biggest opportunities forward.
- Establish and own relationships at top-10 dealer holdings at C-level.
- Stay current with relevant market trends, understand the competitive landscape and being able to translate into new commercial offerings.
- Foster a consultative selling approach to prove customer value and return on investment.
- Accurately forecast and handle revenue pipelines, analyze and provide periodic reporting to internal stakeholders on key metrics such as account penetration, deal conversion and churn
- Leading quarterly sales goals alignment and evaluation of takeaways from previous periods.
- Set and communicate quarterly objectives with team that align with company goals.
- Communicate expectations, roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Provide a structured operating environment for the team.
- Achieve high levels of motivation and engagement of team members.
- Establish a culture where long term development is balanced with quarterly focus and ownership.
- Identify development needs for your direct reports & provide tailored mentorship, have succession plans in place
- Development of reporting and analytics to further improve team performance.
- Ensure CRM is being used effectively and provides competitive advantage.
- Build effective internal relationships and stimulate co-operation between teams across Marktplaats and 2dehands/2ememain, think and work cross-functional
- Work closely with ECG’s center of Motors excellence on demonstrating best practices
- Represent our company at relevant industry events.
Desired skills, experience & education:
- 10+ years’ experience in B2B ecommerce sales, 5+ years in building, inspiring and leading high performing sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or other relevant field.
- Proven acumen in driving ideas, negotiating and closing deals.
- Affinity with Automotive. Preferably a strong network within the Automotive industry and/or experience in the tech industry (marketplaces, classifieds, software).
- Strong influential, negotiation & analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation (incl. large audiences), written and verbal communication skills.
- Data driven blend of analytical intelligence and creative vision to achieve outstanding performance.
- Experience in both larger companies and startups is a plus.
- Down to earth team-player, not afraid of rolling up one’s sleeves and getting hands dirty.
- Ability to attract talent and coordinate them in to an all-star team
- Proficient in Dutch & English. French is a bonus.
- Ability to travel domestically and frequently to Belgium (10%).
- Resourcefulness; clever in finding solutions together with a hands-on approach.
- Self starter, takes initiative, pro-active, makes things happen and can-do mentality.
- Goal oriented, with determination and commitment to achieve the targets set.
- Quality focused with a consistent attitude to high quality and best in class standards.
- Dynamic, international teams with skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to collaborate with other teams across eBay; in Europe and globally
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Great development opportunities in a global, leading classifieds & marketplaces business
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting eBay.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: