Director Verticals BNL
Senior Director Verticals
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to build phenomenal relationships with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We are looking for Senior Director Verticals to join the leadership team responsible for Marktplaats and 2dehands businesses, reporting to the General Manager based in Amsterdam.
You will lead a high-performance business development and sales team taking overall responsibility for setting and delivering vertical strategy for both the Netherlands and Belgium with a key focus on Automotive.
This is a critical role within the eCG BNL leadership team that shapes the strategic direction, priorities and operating plans to drive market expansion and revenue growth. Additionally, you will be key member of our global business leaders across eCG group you will need to collaborate with and influence.
- Business development & strategy
- You will drive the overall vertical strategy, including the go-to-market and sales strategy with focus on growing market share
- Drive dealer return on investment and value to consumers buyer-and sellers by building new compelling value propositions based on customer insights
- Accelerate our revenue growth trajectory by identifying new market opportunities and transforming our existing portfolio to a wider range of products and services
- Provide long-term strategic direction for other promising verticals
- Customer insights, engagement & Sales
- Design and implement new sales organizational set-up and way-of-working together with Head of Sales (to be hired)
- Build and deliver the sales strategy aimed at delighting dealers, gaining greater market share and share of wallet
- Exhibit an aptitude for fostering a culture of high sales performance, with a focus on driving sales execution and employee engagement.
- Oversee sales operations, including billing and collections for business customers.
- Leadership and team development
- Play an active role in the overall leadership of BNL and help shape a positive, open and inclusive culture
- You are a strong and inspiring leader and change agent
- Build and develop a high performing team
- Communicate vision, strategic objectives and context to drive engagement and alignment cross functionally.
- Collaboration and partner management
- Build solid relationships with clients and partners
- Work closely with and support key partners in achieving strategic objectives of the businesses.
Background / Experience Required:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in strategy development, execution with a recognized reputation for success and proven track record.
- Senior and customer focused business leader with experience in building strong propositions and sales strategies – ideally in online marketplaces / classifieds / automotive
- Strong leadership experience in change management and transforming teams and businesses
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills; operates effectively across global and matrixed organizations, managing internal and external partners to drive mutual success.
- Willing & effective player/coach with a track record of building, leading, and developing high performing teams
- Self-confident, charismatic and proactive professional of stature. Someone who is passionate about Marktplaats and 2dehands, and a highly motivational leader.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: