Director Customers (Marketing)Benelux
Director Customers Marktplaats & 2dehands.be
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
2dehands.be – 2ememain.be are part of eBay and the eBay Classifieds Group (eCG). It combines the energy of a start-up with the resources of one of the leading technology companies in the world. We offer the top 500 advertisers relevant ways to connect and communicate with our 3.2 million monthly unique users, customized integrations and partnerships. In today’s world, building relationships with customers is exceptionally valuable to the success and growth of our business.
Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love.
We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us
We are looking for Director Customers to join the leadership team responsible for Marktplaats and 2dehands/2ememain businesses, reporting to the General Manager based in Amsterdam.
You will lead our high-performing marketing, customer service & trust teams. Taking overall responsibility for setting and delivering a customer– and marketing strategy covering all customer touchpoints, including product marketing, brand, performance marketing, PR & Comms, trust & safety, and CRM with a focus on our key segments C2C, Automotive and SMB.
This is a meaningful role within the eCG BNL leadership team that shapes the strategy and operating plans to drive both active user and revenue growth.
Additionally, you will be key member of our global guild of Marketing leaders across eBay, a group which you will need to collaborate with and influence.
- Brand- and business development
- Make more people use and enjoy our platforms in more situations by ensuring that Marktplaats and 2dehands are in the heart, mind and on every smartphone of our customers
- Develop the overarching marketing strategy for our consumer and business audiences
- Translate user insights into relevant propositions to improve experience and support business growth (e.g. shipping proposition)
- Explicitly link customer- and marketing strategy to operating plans of the businesses to ensure business growth
- Customer insights, acquisition & engagement
- Bring to bear data capabilities to build a cross channel customer view
- Build deep understanding of customer value (engagement, revenue, profitability)
- Set strategy on how to drive user acquisition in key segments (C2C, SMB, Automotive)
- Drive customer contact strategy and optimize CRM programs to drive engagement
- Lead Customer Relations and Trust & Safety operations
- Deliver world-class and scalable customer support to drive CSAT
- Align business processes, policies and best practices
- Develop trust vision and strategy; a critical aspect of our future success
- Evolve technologies and techniques to ensure a safe platform
- Develop a trust framework to facilitate peer-to-peer interactions and help design the customer facing trust elements (e.g. profiles)
- PR & Communications. Build and execute PR and & Comms strategy in line with business objectives
- Oversee key internal and external communications to users, customers and key partners
- Work closely with eBay Comms functions and demonstrate knowledge and resources
- Financial planning and budgeting. Work with leadership team and finance teams on annual budgeting and longer term strategic planning
- Manage significant budgets across both working media spend and non-working spend such as MarTech, research, data and vendor based budget allocation
- Understand and improve ROMI through econometric
- Leadership and team development. Build and develop a high performing team
- Play an active role in the overall leadership of BNL and help shape a positive, open and inclusive culture
- Communicate vision, strategic objectives and context to drive engagement and alignment cross functionally.
- Strong social skills with demonstrated ability to partner and form relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of co-workers.
- Reciprocal facilitator, who develops relationships and dedication with his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
- Work closely with and support key partners in achieving strategic objectives of the businesses.
- Manage key external partnerships and vendor / supplier relationships
- Senior and customer focused marketing leader with experience in building consumer facing digital brands – ideally in online marketplaces / classifieds.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver with a track record of scaling user awareness and consideration in competitive markets
- Solid understanding of and experience in all aspect of the marketing mix – especially digital performance marketing, CRM, SEO and Social channels
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; operates effectively across global and matrixed organizations, managing internal and external partners to drive mutual success.
- Willing & effective player/coach, experience with building, leading, and developing high performing teams
- Strong sense of fun, operating with humor and a positive attitude to enthuse and engage people
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: