Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The Delivery Lead role is a vital role in ensuring the success of the Journey Teams. You will help the team focus and enable them to keep their promises and be effective. You will have several roles: decision-making, facilitating and making sure that all the activities in the team are being covered and are continually improving.
Overall Purpose of Role:
- Enable Journey teams to deliver valuable product improvements for customers.
- As a Delivery Lead, you will sometimes have to agree to share or move people between teams to optimize. The overall contribution is more important than individual teams and leads should work together to make the best results possible.
Delivering on Journey Team commitments
- You will be responsible for stories moving from draft to production as efficiently as possible
- Day to Day decisions on scope of experiments
- Help remove blockers within teams and externally
- Track and communicate the status of overall progress against journey team quarterly deliverables
- Highlight and escalate risks to commitments
- Make sure there is a continual flow of work while balancing tech and product initiatives so platform is stable, secure and improving.
- Push team to deliver, get things done to a suitable quality standard ‘good enough to learn, not to be flawless’
- Provide context on decisions and next steps within team and externally.
- Make sure priorities and focus are clear to the team
- Onboard new team members
- Give feedback on quarterly backlog proposals on feasibility and impact likelihood.
- Help other journey teams where needed with people or co-operation.
- Raise issues to Project and Delivery Team where they cannot be solved by sharing people and skills across teams and where priority calls need to be made.
Improving on way of working
- Identify key areas of improvement within journey teams and with cooperating with other teams
- Organize Retros and other team activities so teams are heard and actively improving.
- Ensure Retro actions and other agreements are documented and shared with team
- Share Lessons Learned with other delivery leads and teams
- Strive for clear, minimum processes understood by entire team
- Drive improvements in agreement with central teams
- Enable and coach the team to adapt ways of working to evolving needs
Experimentation and Discovery process
- Ensures that experiments have a learning purpose
- Evaluates and takes steps to improve if experiments are too safe and not enabling any new findings.
- Provides feedback and mentorship on experiment tooling and shares knowledge within team
- Ensuring communication and agreements with relevant parties – marketing, CR, Legal, PR etc
- Shares insights into how to do experiments within organisation
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and being open to adapt and change
- Ability to quickly gain domain knowledge and technical landscape
- Can follow and chip in to technical system-level solution discussions
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Balancing subtlety and tact – able to communicate about issues while maintaining good working relationships
- Ambitious, determined, positive, results oriented and can work effectively under pressure
- Can build a reputation for being consistent and dependable.
- Experience with hypothesis-driven experimentation and how to interpret data.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: