Data Driven Marketing Specialist
Data Driven Marketing Specialist Benelux
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data. We invite you to join us
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Data Driven Marketing Specialist Benelux
We are seeking a passionate Data Driven Marketing Specialist to help further develop our brand and generate growth through the activation and retention of our customer base in The Netherlands (Marktplaats) and Belgium (2dehands/2ememain). We believe our customer’s success is the key to our growth. Hence, in this role you will play an important role in driving this success and as a result drive the value from our consumer & business userbase. For this you will develop and execute impactful marketing campaigns in all stages of the customer journey, with the direct (1-to- 1) marketing channels, such as email, notifications, postal mail and paid advertising as your sweet spots.
You will be part of the central CRM & Online Performance team and work closely with the Brand & Activation team and the various product teams. The position is based in our Amsterdam offices. We are a dynamic and driven team with a “can-do” mentality. Are you excited to work in a compact team with large impact in the (r)e-commerce landscape? Then apply now!
- You are responsible for all day-to-day activities related to our user (re-)activation strategy and campaigns.
- You will translate overall user strategies to tactical omni-channel plans and execute against them.
- You combine your creativity with your data-driven mindset to create campaigns that delight our customers, but also have a strong bottom-line impact focus.
- You are comfortable around large databases
- You are a strong communicator and are comfortable dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
- You plan, brief and coordinate campaigns with external agencies and ensure quality and delivery in accordance with expectations.
- Report and evaluate results: you monitor and report to stakeholders on results of your campaigns and assets. From small optimizations to the bigger picture, you are able to bring along and enthuse your colleagues and stakeholders.
- You have a “hands-on” and “can-do” mentality and are someone that claims ownership over your domain.
- At least 2 years of 1-to-1 direct marketing experience, preferably in a large e-commerce environment
- You have knowledge on how to communicate via owned-channels (Email, notifications,) print and paid channels (Display, Social) to reach users, with the right message at a relevant moment
- Strong planner and able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics or Marketing
- Native Dutch speaker and fluent in English
- Proven track record in delivering tangible impact
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation tooling is preferred.
- Dynamic, international teams with skilled personalities, a passion for e-commerce, professionalism and a good sense of humor.
- The chance to collaborate with other teams across eBay; in Europe and globally
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- Great development opportunities in a global, leading classifieds & marketplaces business
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to apply and send us your CV. For more information, you can contact Radboud Fluttert, Recruiting eBay.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day.
We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: