Cloud Solutions Architect
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
We invite you to join us a Cloud Solutions Architect! You will be part of the newly built Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) team. CCoE is the main driver and force multiplier group behind eBay Classifieds Group’s public cloud adoption initiative. The team works like an internal consultancy, helping numerous teams to adopt cloud solutions, architect the best practices and acting as a glue for the eCG Cloud community. You will build technical relationships with eCG Product Development and SRE teams and operate as a trusted advisor, ensuring they get the most out of the cloud at every stage of their adoption journey.
Cloud Solutions Architects work on some of earth’s most popular marketplaces with exciting scalability challenges and complex business requirements. They liaise with teams both on greenfield work and modernization projects, they have a deep understanding of cloud offerings, and they are capable of matching the business and technical requirements with cloud offerings to accelerate business value delivery.
What we are looking for:
- BS or MS degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience in an IT-related domain.
- Background in any of the following areas: Cloud Architecture, Software Development, Data Engineering, DevOps.
- Deep understanding of the value proposition of cloud technologies and its impact on the software engineering industry.
- Experience in one or more modern programming languages (Java, Go, Python etc.)
- Experience with large scale cloud migrations.
- Experience coordinating cross-functional software engineering teams. Ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Being comfortable with public speaking, preparing and facilitating internal training sessions, contributing to internal knowledge base and open source projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, consultation and organizational skills.
Cloud Solutions Architects typically have a diverse set of backgrounds and broad understanding of cloud offerings, but they specialize in certain areas, such as application modernisation, data engineering, cloud security and governance, infrastructure modernisation etc.
- Hands-on experience in software development using cloud computing platforms. (AWS, GCP or Azure)
Familiarity with some of the following:
- compute technologies: Kubernetes, Cloud Run, Google Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda
- data technologies: BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis
- databases and data products such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra.
We understand that it is hard for one person to be expert in all the technologies listed. If you are excited about becoming part of the cloud adoption initiative at eCG, even though you do not meet some of the criteria , please feel free to apply!
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.