Frontend Senior software developer
Every month Marktplaats handles over 8 million unique visitors and 350.000 new advertisements each day making Marktplaats the largest online trading platform in the Netherlands. Consumer and professional sellers offer a large and varied assortment of used and new products. But we want to go even further - we are constantly changing our platform to deliver the experience our customers love. We are a mix of Dutch and Silicon Valley cultures; like both, we are an international team of passionate people who share a common interest in solving problems using software and data.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
We invite you to join us! This is a big responsibility; you will work on high-availability servers, improve customer experience through innovation, impact revenues and advance our team and technologies. In turn, we will work with you to grow your career in Marktplaats and eBay.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment
- Self-organised agile/lean teams consisting of QA, product managers, UX, analysts, front-end, mobile and back-end developers
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more)
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in Marktplaats and across eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work
- Work on one of the most beloved brands in the Netherlands
The person we are looking for has extensive experience in on-line or related areas, with at least 6+ years of full-time employment.
We expect the right person to be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems.
Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes Agile development, can focus on delivering, and wants to take a leading role in improving how we work.
What we expect from you:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration skills and ability to influence a multi-functional team to deliver results
- Develop high quality, performant, maintainable and testable applications:
- Find and help fix stability, scalability, performance issues, cross-browser compatibility, Web standards, and interoperability.
- Own major projects and features from design phase to coding, testing, delivery
- Have a proven grasp and experience with MVC and OO design.
- Proficient using source control systems (Git)
- Ambitious and have the ability to get things done
- Ability to come up with innovative solutions to problems, while also thoroughly considering edge cases and avoiding pitfalls
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be a key team member in development and design of new projects
- Mentoring of junior and intermediate developers (guide them through architecture and procedures, be a mentor helping with skills development)
- Work closely with expert product & design teams to build intuitive experiences in a highly-visible environment
- Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out
- Help to continuously improve development work in all areas (coding, processes, tools, testing, etc.)
- Be a technical sparring partner for the organisation to help the business build efficient and effective requirements
Preferably you have degree in Computer Sciences or comparable topic.
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: