SQL Server Developer
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Motors.co.uk, part of eBay Classifieds Group, produces websites and other digital products for independent car dealers and small groups. The products are strategically important to the commercial offering of Motors.co.uk, providing dealers with quality products at market leading prices.
We are currently recruiting for SQL Server Developer to join our team in Abingdon. You will be reporting to the DB Team Leader, assigned a variety of tasks and projects across the Motors.co.uk infrastructure. The Motors.co.uk infrastructure is built around: ES6, React/Redux on the client and MVC, ASP.Net, SOLR and SQL Server on an Azure backend
- You will be operating as part of an effective team, working to a 3-week sprint cycle, and delivering polished completed features to timeframes defined as a group in sprint planning.
- You will have the freedom to solve problems how you see fit, based on standard methodology and coding standards. You will also be supported to develop your skillset and adopt new technologies that offer tangible benefits.
- Process strategic projects, bug fixes and backlogs during sprint cycles
- Work multi-functionally with other developers within the team
- Support in sprint planning meetings, and stand ups
- 3+ years’ experience as an SQL Server Developer
- Database design
- SQL Server 2012+ and SSIS experience are essential
- Additional experience of Azure, ETL and SSAS would be advantageous.
You will have:
- A friendly and approachable manner, with the ability to facilitate working as part of a highly effective team.
- The ability to disseminate and understand requirements, and request detail and clarification where necessary.
- The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and clearly with teammates and non-technical partners.
- The ability to take a leading role in the development of major DB infrastructure projects
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: