SQL Server DB/BI Developer
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to connect with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Motors.co.uk, part of eBay Classifieds Group (eCG), produces websites and other digital products for independent car dealers and small groups. The products are strategically important to the commercial offering of Motors.co.uk, providing dealers with quality products at market leading prices.
We are currently recruiting for SQL Server Developer to join the team in Abingdon. You will be working in the Database Development team, assigned a variety of tasks and projects across the business intelligence infrastructure. The infrastructure is built around: Azure VM's, Azure DB, SQL Server 2016 Enterprise BI Stack and .Net.
- Primarily focusing on the BI stack at Motors.co.uk, you will have a pivotal role in developing and maintaining those systems. Secondary focus will be supporting and developing in the OLTP systems.
- Operating as part of an effective team, working on both a 3 and 2 week sprint cycle, and delivering polished completed features to timeframes defined as a group in sprint planning.
- Freedom to tackle problems how you see fit, based on standard methodology and coding standards. You will also be supported to develop your skillset and adopt new technologies that offer tangible benefits.
- Process strategic projects, bug fixes and backlogs during sprint cycles
- Work multi-functionally with other developers within the team
- Support in sprint planning meetings, and stand ups
- 3+ years’ experience as an SQL Server Developer
- Minimum 1 years experience in the SQL Server BI stack
- Database design & minimum SQL Server 2012 experience
- Additional experience of Azure would be advantageous.
- Have a friendly and approachable manner, with the ability to facilitate working as part of a highly effective team.
- Have the ability to disseminate and understand requirements, and request detail and clarification where necessary.
- Communicate complex issues effectively and clearly with teammates and non-technical partners.
- Take a leading role in the development of major DB infrastructure projects
- Have the ability to learn new technologies. As we continue our merging with eCG technology stack the role will move towards the Hadoop architecture technology stack, and as such shape exciting new systems for Motors.co.uk, and beyond.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn more click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: