Senior SQL Server Developer / DBA
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is a creative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by building a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Motors.co.uk, part of eCG, produces websites and other digital products for independent car dealers and groups. The products are strategically important to the commercial offering of Motors.co.uk, providing dealers with quality products at market leading prices.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior SQL Server Developer / DBA to join our team in Abingdon. You will play a key part in the Database Development team, assigned a variety of tasks and projects across the database infrastructure. The infrastructure is built around: Azure VM's, Azure DB, SQL Server 2016 (both clustered and non clustered servers) and .Net.
- Initially focusing on the OLTP stack at Motors.co.uk as a DBA, you will have a pivotal role in maintaining those systems and supporting the DB/BI developers.
- Designing and developing major strategic projects and systems from inception to completion.
- You have the freedom to tackle problems how you see fit, based on standard methodology and coding standards.
- Support in sprint planning meetings, and stand ups
- 5+ years’ experience as a SQL Server Developer or
- 3 years experience as a SQL Server DBA
- Experience with designing a database solution from inception through development to production and BAU.
You will have:
- A friendly and approachable manner, with the ability to facilitate working as part of a highly effective team.
- The ability to disseminate and understand requirements, and request detail and clarification where necessary.
- The ability to communicate complex issues effectively and clearly with teammates and non-technical partners.
- The ability to take a leading role in the development of major DB infrastructure projects
- The willingness to get stuck in and develop, guiding and developing our other developers
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: