Market Research Executive
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Motors.co.uk, part of eBay Classifieds Group, is a car search marketplace that connects automotive buyers and sellers. We’ve over a decade’s worth of experience in helping people find the right car for them using the latest tools and technology, creating a website that makes buying and selling vehicles clearer and easier for everyone.
Motors.co.uk is looking to recruit a highly analytical and data focussed Marketing and Business Intelligence Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for providing market intelligence and data statistical analysis across a wide variety of different business areas including marketing, research, web analytics and sales with a particular focus on supporting the sales department. Reporting to the Head of Research, you will provide credible research reporting, and strategic analysis and collateral for all client facing functions to inform commercial decision-making.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to place yourself within the heart of a dynamic team, where you can to gain broad business knowledge across many different disciplines. Working in a collaborative environment, there is a focus on self-development and building skills through the delivery of insightful and innovative reporting solutions that deliver tangible results and sustainable improvements to demonstrate the value we deliver to our customers.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Manage and develop a suite of reports to monitor the performance of customers, providing context against pre-agreed target levels of response and recommendations for response balancing or upsell opportunities.
- Carry out deep-dive Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) analysis into client performance on request, communicating findings clearly to account manager or client.
- Run sales tracker reports and seek to use them to provide wider context of performance.
- Support client meetings with appropriate collateral, insight and recommendations.
- Manage the variable billed client’s response process to ensure that weekly reports are completed and communicated and data to support monthly variable billing is accurate and available in a timely manner.
- Take an active part in monitoring data quality and availability from the data warehouse, including; running regular bot identification reports, reporting any anomalies to the BI team and ensuring client reports correctly reflect actual performance and align with The Eye
- Support the head of research in Automated Response Balancing, including; running and evolving the balancing process, answering ARB related sales/client queries and running regular ARB performance/KPI reports.
- Carry out other ad-hoc reporting requests using Motors.co.uk databases and systems when required.
What we are Looking for:
- Strong verbal and written skills including the ability to interpret data and then communicate the key insight (and resulting actions required) to a range of business users in a clear and effective style
- You will be comfortable with gathering requirements from different business user groups, challenging stakeholders appropriately in order to ensure output is ‘right first time’
- You will be able to build and document data to information processes through; investigating divergent data sets, identifying gaps, proposing solutions and effective delivery
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including: using formula and creating pivot tables with exposure to MS Reporting Services, Tableau or similar report building software an advantage.
- Highly analytical and numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience with client and sales queries in a professional and articulate manner
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally at executive/director levels & externally
- Organised and analytical
- Able to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Creative approach to problem solving and “can-do” attitude
- Above all, be results driven and a passionate individual with desire to grow with the role
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: