Senior Web Developer
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to work closely with the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
In Denmark, we operate three leading sites. dba.dk - Bilbasen.dk and Bilinfo.net with an average of over 2 million unique visitors a month, which makes us one of the largest online destinations in Denmark. With a consistent track record in customer-led innovation we aim to go even further, to evolve our platforms to deliver an experience which customers love. All product development on our platforms is carried out in-house, based out of our office in Aarhus, Denmark where around 120 people are based.
Would you like to join eBay Scandinavia and be part of squads and guilds in an agile environment where we develop microservices using an event-based architecture?
As part of our development team you will be:
- Working with ground-breaking technology and be surrounded by some of the country’s best developers. We are passionate about producing phenomenal quality and are constantly improving, testing new tools and spending time on training, pairing, mob programming etc.
- Using C# on .NET as the primary programming language but currently moving to .NET Core. you will develop microservices within into an event-based architecture.
- Improving the other primary components of our tech stack include MS SQL Server, Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ. We have a strategy to move our platforms into the cloud using Docker and Kubernetes, and you will fully take part in this journey.
- Understanding and reusing code or services developed for eBay’s e-commerce platforms in other countries. We rely on our developers to network with other teams and make sure that we learn from others; and to share our accomplishments with the rest of the organisation.
- Organized in autonomous squads using Agile methodologies you will be empowered to make decisions on your own as teams. Squads contain members from different parts of the organisation and they release to production as often as they like so users can immediately benefit from the work being done by the squads.
- Experience with C# development
- Experience with some of our primary infrastructure components (MS SQL Server, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with .NET Core, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Solving .Net applications issues
- Understanding of tracking, logging and test tools
eBay Scandinavia offers
As a developer with eBay you get a unique opportunity to work with state of the art technologies as part of an autonomous and empowered team who enjoy having fun together as well as working. We like to play games, participate in social events, hackathons etc.
We offer an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, shares and an individual bonus plan. We also offer 6 weeks of vacation, paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, training budget, mobile phone and laptop. Being in an international organization also provides opportunities to network with and visit colleagues from around the world.
If this role sounds appealing and you would like to join our extraordinary team of developers, feel passionate about working in an agile organization and want to impact the more than 2 million users who visit our sites every month then just send your application.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: