Head of Insights & Analytics
Head of Analytics & Insights
Can you bridge data analysis and storytelling, enabling business decisions through collaboration and strong leadership skills?
eBay Classifieds Denmark drives the largest Danish online marketplace DBA as well as used car sales platform Bilbasen. The company is placed in Aarhus and Copenhagen. This role will be based out of Aarhus.
The analytics team reports to the CFO of eBay Classifieds Denmark and is together with the Finance team responsible for driving insights and analysis to support decision-making. This leadership role requires an individual who is passionate about data, possesses strong storytelling capabilities to objectively inform the Ebay Classifieds Denmark Leadership, and broader business about qualitative and quantitative insights that help drive the business.
As the lead of the DK analytics team, you must be proficient with data tools and sources, thrive on solving highly analytical problems. You have a proven leadership track record and have high focus on people development. You are part of a global analytics community across all eBay businesses and work closely with your data engineering colleagues in Shanghai and other analytics teams in eBay’s Classifieds group.
- Manage a team of 3 highly skilled data scientist and analysts
- Further strengthen the collaboration between data analytics and financial analysis
- Bridging the data analysis and storytelling, facilitating awareness and decision making in the Danish Leadership team and broader business while supporting the CFO.
- Structure complex and ambiguous questions related to business initiatives. Use analytical skills to synthesize objective and actionable insights
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the underlying analytical capabilities and tooling
- Connect with global peers to build on the global analytics community
What you bring:
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills in English; equally comfortable communicating with C level and entry level staff
- Master’s degree in mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or similar quantitative field
- 7-year track record (or equivalent) in using data to drive better business outcomes. Ability to present findings and recommendations to key business partners
- Proficiency in at least one data querying language (SQL, Hive, etc), and experience in manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends
- Customer & consumer focused; Able to connect this to the business strategy and financial outcomes
- People-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of partners and draw upon their skills when needed
- Familiarity with BI tooling such as Tableau, is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with one scripting language (R, Python, etc)
What eBay offers:
We offer an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, shares and an individual bonus plan. We also offer 6 weeks of vacation, paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, continuous development opportunities, mobile phone and laptop. Being in an international organization also provides opportunities to network with and visit colleagues from around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eCG DK is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: